Monday, July 21, 2008

Our new housekeeper

I guess I never realized just how clean we are. Maybe a little fanatical, maybe not. My sister tells me that when Stevie goes to her house, he's cleaning a lot of the day. That seems normal for an 18 month old...right? And the fact that he's been doing since he could walk....normal,too? He picks up the broom and sweeps, he takes out wipes and washes the floor. I mean seriously, where does he get that from.
What's even funnier is that when her son was younger, they thought he was odd because when they would go to other peoples houses he used to unload everything in their drawers. Making a mess all over the floor. She has now come to the realization that the babies are just making their environment comfortable. My sister isn't the best housekeeper (come on..that's no secret...I still love you though) and we keep a very clean house.
I never really saw Stevie in action. So when Stevie spilled milk on the rug the other day, Daddy reacted and was about to say something....but Stevie got up and ran to the kitchen. He pulled the dish rag off of the refrigerator, ran back to the spilled milk and proceded to clean it up. I guess we taught him some life lessons real early. No harm done but....How cute!

No comments:

Blog Archive