Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lizzie's First Bee Stings and a Little Bit More....

Remember how I had posted earlier that there was a yellow jacket nest in our compost.  Well we lived cohesively for about a month, until last week.  Lizzie got stung....twice!

Her buddy, Caleb, was there to hold her frozen cranberries on her shoulder sting and help her hold her princess cold pack on her hand.

So cute

At first we thought the sting was on her finger, but it was right below.  You can see it's a little swollen

She was such a big girl about it, only crying until we were able to get to her.  She was in the backyard and we were in the front.

You can see the little raised bump from the sting on her shoulder.

Daddy was not happy that they stung his baby girl so he set out to attack them back.

He was checking out the situation

Then stealthfully (haha) was able to get the nest out of the compost bin and spray it.  No more yellow jackets and my compost is still good.  



Ewwww!  I am not a fan of spiders and this was on my ceiling after Steve left for work.  I bravely sucked it up with the vacuum and then sucked up a whole bunch of other stuff to make sure it was dead.  I hate being so freaked out by spiders.  Those poor things, I always feel so bad.  But it's so freaky looking!



I was looking at the kitchen floor the other night after I cooked dinner and realized that I cook just like my father.  MESSY!  It used to gross me out looking at the floor after he cooked when I was a kid.  I'd always be on my hands and knees cleaning that floor.  Ask me how many times I've cleaned this floor on my hands and knees.....once!  Well....to be fair, swiffer wetjets are pretty useful to have around.


The other night Lizzie came to us to tell say that she dropped something in her eye.  We looked at it, it looked fine and she said it didn't hurt so we thought all was well.  Until she woke up the next morning looking like this!  We called the pediatrician and they told us to take her to the ER because there could be a chance that she had scratched her eye.

And of course we had to get an evil eye picture, since her eye was actually red!  Lol!
After a very quick trip (We've had the best visits to the Sherman Hospital ER in Elgin, would definitely recommend it) to the ER, we were assured there were no scratches and they just gave her some ointment we apply several times a day.  Overnight it looked much better.  She did so well at the ER and is being very cooperative getting the ointment applied to her inner eyelid.  So proud of my sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Blog Archive