Today Stevie and I made homemade granola bars. We had made them a few days ago and they went quick. They are so yummy and extremely easy to make. It's a fun little thing to do with the kids.
| Sweet little hands working hard |
| I love that face! |
| Concentration |
| Yummy granola bars right out of the oven |
| Lizzie likes it |
| Stevie likes it too! |
Chewy Granola Bars from allrecipes.com
4 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups fillings (I added 1 cup chocolate chips, 1/3 each of golden raisins, crushed pecans, and craisins)
This isn't part of the recipe, but I added some flax seed meal for some added nutrition.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly 9x13 pan. In large mixing bowl combine everything but fillings. When mixed well add fillings and stir. Lightly press mixture in pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely before removing or serving (resist the temptation).
No comments:
Post a Comment