| Notice the right side is burnt |
| RIP Dazey Crockpot |
| My pretty new crockpot |
Mom's spaghetti sauce (I always double the recipe and make it in a crockpot)
1 x 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 x 6 ounce can tomato paste
1/4-1/2 cup water
Brown 1 small onion (chopped) in small amount of oil (I also chop up some fresh garlic and saute). Add to above.
Add: 2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Shake in small amount of garlic salt or powder (if you don't add fresh garlic)
Mom's meatballs (I double this recipe too)
1 lb ground meat (1/2 beef + 1/2 pork)
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 eggs (beaten)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon parsley flakes
2 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
garlic salt or powder
Mix all ingredients well (by hand), form meatballs and add to sauce.
Also add sweet italian sausage and simmer on low for 8-10 hours.
If you don't use the meats listed, it just doesn't turn out the same. I've tried it with chicken sausage and it tasted nothing like my mom made. The only thing bad about this sauce is that I can't stop eating it. Every year when my mom would ask what I would like for my birthday dinner, this was always the meal. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment