Saturday, March 3, 2012

All In A Day's Work

Some days are better than others for me.  This particular day started out pretty crappy, so I decided to finish it off in Erin Lalaland and do some things that make me happy and take my mind off of things.

My best buddy Kariann is moving :(  But I got a cool bench out of it :)  

Changed the color of course in about 20 minutes with Minwax Express Color, so that it matches the rest of our decor.

I had soaked black beans and canned them, since we're eating more beans lately with our dietary changes.  Don't worry our house isn't in a fog, I think your body gets used to it.  'Beans, beans the musical fruit.....'

I realize it may seem like I have a canning problem....and maybe I do.   
I had bought these peanuts a bit ago and decided to make some honey roasted peanut butter (hrpb), which took only a few minutes to process.  I was ordering some hrpb online from the Nutty Guys, but I'm pretty sure they went out of business.  

I was bummed...until now - this was super easy. 

I even bought some cut little jars to store my nut butters in - I store them in the fridge.

I also had soaked some almonds overnight to attempt to make some homemade almond milk.

Our new buddy - Vitamix

Just put the almonds in with water and mix for a few minutes

Then you pour it through some cheesecloth
This was definitely not a big enough opening, now when I do it I use a pyrex measuring cup to drain into.


Some homemade almond milk with nut pulp leftover - check out my food blog to see what I did with that.
!

2 comments:

Opulent Alchemy said...

Busy bee! All looks Great! Your making me look bad :)

Erin said...

That's not a normal day for me! Besides - you're the rockstar - you could probably do it all and with 3 younger kids!

Blog Archive