Friday, March 9, 2012

Ode to Lizzie

Have I told you lately that my baby girl (and my boy is awesome also) is awesome?  Well, she is.  She's smart,  sweet, she speaks ridiculously well,  (she's potty trained), and she loves me so much.  Before bed we have a ritual of saying a prayer, then singing 'ABCs', 'Twinkle Little Star', and 'Skinnamarinky dinky dink'.  Now, after I sing them to her, she likes to sing them back to me.  It makes my heart melt hearing her little voice sing.  Every morning (around 6:30am) Lizzie and Stevie wake up, then come to cuddle with me.  I feel like I need to soak it up because there will be a day when they won't want to cuddle with me at all (this made me teary-eyed when cuddling them this morning...and a little bit now writing it).  She also eats so healthy.  She will sit there and snack on hummus or even brussel sprouts with me.  Another new thing is that Lizzie likes me to do her hair.  It's important to her that she has her hair made pretty for Daddy.  She will sit there and let me do whatever I want to her hair.  


Lizzie's hairdo yesterday

I have to make sure her bangs, which we are growing out, are out of her eyes.  Her hair is also pretty silky so I have to try to make it so that the elastics won't fall out.  By the end of the day, they are on their way.

This is Lizzie's hairdo today.

So in short - Lizzie is awesome!.  She was a pretty hard baby, but is more than making up for that now.  She has bad days, mostly from her 2 year molars, but don't we all.  Oh.....And Another new thing - when she does something wrong, she says "I'm sorry Mom, I'm really, really sorry".  How cute :)

2 comments:

Lynz said...

Very cute! :)

Kate said...

She is precious! I love that she lets you do her hair! Hopefully that never changes!

Blog Archive