Monday, May 26, 2014

May 2014 Vacation Comes to an End

We got of the cruise ship early in the morning (off at 7:15!).  We shared a shuttle to the rental place with a family and they told us that there was another rocket launching this morning.  

So after picking up our rental, we headed to the Kennedy Space Center!

This is the only picture I got.  It was going towards the sun and I was enjoying watching the launch....I didn't take pictures.  We may have a video somewhere....



We got to see the space shuttle Atlantis inside the building.





It was so cool!






There were some areas where the kids could play around.




They had different kinds of simulators that we all had fun playing with



This was suspended in the water and moved around.  Steve and the kids stopped it from moving and tried to get it going the other way.




I know where that is!

There were robotics teams there with their robots.  It was neat to see what they created.

There was an Angry Birds exhibit that was really cool.

First we walked through a large maze of mirrors

And then they got to try to hit the targets with huge sling shots


And, of course, they got to play the Angry Birds app on larger screens

Then they played on an outside play area for kids












.
On the way home, at the airport, Lizzie was getting tired of walking


And now we're home, waiting for our luggage.

All in all, we had a wonderful, relaxing trip!


No comments:

Blog Archive