On Mother's Day, we try to keep as busy as we can. It's the hardest day of the year for me, when it comes to having lost my mom. This year, we planned on an outing to Six Flags. We started the day with a delicious breakfast at Sweet Berry Cafe in Elgin. It was sooooo yummy!
Then we headed to Six Flags for a few hours.
My kids are constantly looking for money under any machine
We went on a few rides together, but Stevie and I went on this one alone.
A few last pics before we head out for dinner
We went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner and in the middle of dinner, there was a major downpour! We were eating outside, so we had to move our table. We stayed at an outside table though, under the roof. The wind was so bad that people's plates and food were flying off the tables!
We had a wonderful day. My family is so understanding and always makes Mother's Day special for me. I love my family :)
And here are a few pictures that Steve sent me from his phone that I forgot to post in earlier postings.
This one is from Arizona in February
Lizzie cutie pie
Stevie silly face
That's a big gun! I believe that is the 44 Magnum.
Out on a date night. They made Steve's Strawberry Lemonade look special and I had a Shirley Temple. Fond memories of ordering them when I was young with my best friend, Corinne.


No comments:
Post a Comment