Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vacation Days #1 and #2


We were able to go to MA for my brother's wedding.  YAY!  I didn't take many pictures of the vacation.  I decided to experience vacation realtime instead of through the eye of a lens.  And I had a wonderful time, while still getting some pics for memories.

On day one we flew into Boston around 11am, picked up the rental and headed for my Nana's house.  She has been under the weather and wasn't going to be able to make the wedding, so we went to hang out for a bit.  My dad and Cindy were there and we spent the afternoon there.  I was able to ask Nana some family history questions and plan on making a post with our conversation.  When we left her house we headed to Eric's work to have some pizza and subs for dinner.  When we finally checked into the Cape Codder, we headed to the wave pool and had some fun in the water.



My best friend Corinne and her family were in town too, before they head off to London for 2 years!  So we were able to spend some time with them on vacation day #2.  We had planned to meet at the Cape Cod Children's Museum and then head to the Raw Bar in New Seabury.  The rain, lots of people and a capacity limit caused them to miss out on the museum, but we were able to enjoy!
Handsome

Baby girl and her Daddy

He caught a 'fish'


Cutie!

Steve spent most of his time figuring out puzzles that were scattered throughout the (pretty small) building.

I love my hubby

.
Me and my baby girl...in a train....a small train....

Goof ball playing with the gears

Making some sand art necklaces

I finally noticed that Stevie decided to wear 2 different sandals on vacation.  Oh well!


 Ready for a lobster roll at the Raw Bar....well technically in the cafe across the way, since it was raining.
Blurry, but she's still my bestie

The kids hanging out.  They always have fun together

Steve enjoying his deliciousness


After lunch we spent sometime walking around Popponessett.  They have the cutest shops.  We stopped at Emack and Bolio's for some delicious ice cream.  The kids insisted on chocolate dipped waffle cones and they were huge!
.
 I have a pretty bad memory, but I think what happened after lunch was..... We went back to the hotel and played in the wave pool some more.   Then we headed to the mall to look for cardigans for Lizzie and I.  We ate a late dinner at Not Your Average Joe's, went back to the hotel and crashed.
The kids found this at an exit (no one in sight). Stevie was pushing Lizzie around as she was driving her race car.  Then someone asked where we found a working one because they had tried and it just ate their money.  Since we didn't even pay for it, we just gave it to them. 


.
While we were waiting to eat, we took a ride on the carousel inside the mall.

No comments:

Blog Archive