Thursday, May 5, 2011

Steve's new toy

We are the kind of people who like to see how little we can spend on the things that we need.  We still do like nice things, we just don't spend money on things that aren't necessary, in our opinion (no cell phones and no cable - I know - we're weird).  Well our newest idea was to sell our second vehicle, since gas prices are getting to be ridiculous.  I had thought about selling it before.  Steve works so close to home, but when I saw a news report saying gas may be $6/gal by summer, I brought it up again and we decided to just do it.

Here's the smile

Here's the bike (he had the seat off)
We decided that Steve would buy a motorcycle.  I was never too fond of that idea, but Steve is older, more mature now, and therefore more responsible.  I insisted he buy all the protective gear, which he'll have to wear even in the summer.  His work is less than 10 minutes away, so it won't be that bad.  We put the car up on Craigslist and had it sold within a few days.  Now we have some savings and we'll also be saving money on gas and insurance.








Steve has been so excited and always asks Stevie if he wants to go out and look at his bike!  It's a Honda CX500 Custom.







Here's a video of Lizzie trying to ride Stevie's harley.  She can't reach the pedals and her feet keep on hitting the back, so she doesn't get too far.

2 comments:

Kate said...

{i don't have a cell phone, and yes, people think i'm crazy!}
$6 a gallon? seriously? as much as i hate motorcycles.....it is tempting to get one!

Erin said...

We've done cell phones before and they are just too expensive and I have a hard time hearing people on them. Gas is crazy, it's already 4.39/gal right now here. I've never been fond of them either, but it was making me sick thinking about filling up 2 cars.

Blog Archive